Saturday it was my husbands birthday and we celebrated with his family last night. It was a delicious BBQ steak dinner, potatoes, beans and greek salad. Im so thankful they accommodate my gluten free-ness. To be honest, alot of meat and potatoes types of dinners already just happen to be gluten free- it’s great!
I baked a cake for dessert. You may or may not know, that I like to use a good gfree boxed cake mix and then make my own frostings and fillings. It makes things quick and easy and it still tastes homemade!
This time I used the Betty Crocker Devils Food Chocolate cake mix. Then made my own frosting. Here’s the recipe:
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup icing sugar (i dont like my frosting to be insanely sweet, so this part is just a suggestion, add as much or little as you like)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup ground Glutino oreo cookies
- cream or milk or dairy free milk (to thin out the icing)
Beat cream cheese and sugar and vanilla together until fluffy. Add icing sugar 1/4 cup at a time. Then use cream/milk/almond milk to thin out the icing until you are happy with the consistency.
Take about half of the Glutino oreo package and blend those up in a food processor until they are grounded up. Then mix that into the frosting and voila! Oreo cream cheese frosting!