I have fallen in love with wild cod.I am not a huge fish lover but cod and I are becoming fast friends.I like to buy sustainable fish when I can and Sobeys has introduced a line of frozen sustainable fish at reasonable prices.
3 small filets of Wild Cod, cut into pieces
1 cup almond flour
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste or other seasonings you enjoy.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, line baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Whisk egg and lemon juice in small bowl, in another small bowl mix together flour, salt and pepper or seasonings if using.
3. Take your cod pieces and dip in the egg, then with a fork turn the fish around in the flour mixture.
4. Place breaded cod pieces on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
5. When the fish looks like it’s done, broil for an extra three to five minutes.