I do love oatmeal cookies but I’m still trying to eat grain free so I went on a search for a grain free recipe that might fit the bill .I adapted this recipe from Against All Grain.While not an exact duplicate of a chewy grain filled cookie, it is nice to have on hand when the sweet tooth comes a calling.They freeze well.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup finely shredded coconut
- ½ cup raisins or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the butter and egg in a bowl and cream with a hand mixer for 1 minute on high.
- Add the honey and vanilla and mix for another minute, until creamy.
- Place the cinnamon, flours, baking soda, and salt in another bowl
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix for another minute, until combined.
- Add the coconut and raisins or chocolate chips, then mix again for a minute.
- Using a spoon, drop balls of dough the size of a golf ball onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten.
- Place in the oven and bake for 9 to 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before eating.